SEWERAGE AND SEPTIC SYSTEMS
There are two main ways to deal with sewage waste from your property; via a sewage system that connects to the city sewer line, or via a septic tank system. In Ballarat, there are a lot of rural properties around the area, and not all these properties are connected to the city sewer system. If that’s the case for your property, what you need is a septic tank.
A septic tank system is a basic onsite sewage facility. An anaerobic process takes place inside the septic tank, which helps to reduce and process the solids in the tank, however the treatment efficiency is not complete, so the tank still needs to be pumped and emptied once every few years.
Plumbers Ballarat are specialists when it comes to understanding everything about sewer and septic tank systems. We can do a complete planning and installation for a new system, or find what is causing issues with the old one and fix them if possible. If you have any septic tank or sewer system related questions or issues, give us a call and let’s have a chat.
Septic Tank Installation Ballarat
Plumbers Ballarat qualified plumbers have extensive experience and knowledge regarding septic tanks.
We can help you plan this out properly, help determine the best location for it on your property, choose the best products and complete the full installation for you.
If you need a septic tank installed, get in touch with Plumbers Ballarat.
Signs that you may have a blocked sewer line
Like any issue, sewer line blockage also has its own very specific symptoms to pay attention to and not ignore. The first signs to notice when you have a sewer blockage are the following:
- Sewage smell coming from the drains of your sinks and showers. It can even suddenly fill the whole house. If that’s the case, the issue needs attention urgently - call out an experienced plumbing team at Plumbers Ballarat for quick assistance.
- Slow drainage for some or all the water services like showers, toilets, sinks etc.
- Gurgling sounds from the drainage systems is also a sign of a blockage.
- Sewage or Grey Water overflowing from your outside drains is an indicator that the main sewage line could be blocked. This needs to be dealt with quickly as the greywater may be pushed back inside the house.
Blocked Sewer Repairs
Like any piping, your sewer lines can also get blocked. A blocked sewer system is an unpleasant and possibly toxic issue to deal with.
If you see any signs that you might have a blockage in your sewer system, you need to address this quickly before the situation gets more messy and much more serious.
Our team is well experienced and fully qualified to deal with sewer issues of any kind, we have the latest technology that will help us detect and diagnose the cause quickly by using special cameras, so we can get onto fixing the problem as soon as possible.
Our methods are as little intrusive as possible, to not affect the rest of the sewer system that is not affected by the problem.
Here are some more common causes for blockage in the sewer system:
- Toys - You may be surprised, but this is actually one of the most common causes. Children often decide to see what happens when they flush a toy down the toilet.
- Tree Roots - Another common culprit that most people would not think of, but tree roots often break their way inside piping in search for water.
- Fat and Grease - Sometimes people tip grease and oil down the drain, but since it does not dilute in water, it can build up over time and cause a blockage.
- Waste - Flushing anything other than toilet paper down your toilet can cause a blockage.
- Busted Pipe - If for any reason a pipe has burst, it can cause a blockage in the sewer line.
Septic Tank Services Ballarat
Plumbers Ballarat is one of the leading plumbing companies in Ballarat, we offer a wide range of services including septic services.
Our septic services include:
Our septic services include:
- Septic tank installations - if your new property is not connected to the city sewer system, we can help you plan out and install the whole septic system for your new house.
- Septic Tanks Repairs - If your septic tanks system needs any repairs, we are the team that can handle it for you.
- Sewer Installations - If you have the opportunity to connect your property to the main sewer line, we can install a quality sewerage system for you.
- Sewer Maintenance - Everything needs some maintenance once in a while. If your sewer system has been neglected or is showing some troubling signs, get in touch with our team!